Thursday, May 19, 2011

Memories in Blue


Memories in Blue 20" x 20" (including frame) 

I completed this 8" x 8" encaustic collage back in class in January. I have had it sitting around waiting to figure out how to finish it. I had several old frames out in my storage that someone had given me that were pretty beat up looking and decided to use them. I used one for Saint Sustainability
One I am still working on, and the third frame I used for this project. The frame had a piece of Masonite attached to it, which I painted and added tissue paper.   I painted the frame with transparent acrylics and coated all with mod podge.When it was dry I used e6000 glue to attach the encaustic board. It makes me happy when I can combine items I already have to make something new without having to go out and buy something. 
Create More, Consume Less!

No comments: