After some nice warm weather, we are back to some cold, windy, rainy, hail and even a few snow flurries yesterday. (no this isn't Boise in April, this was Clear Creek at New Years)
This has been a very busy week for me:
- I completed the last of my school tours at the Boise Art Museum this week.
- The Treasure Valley Artist Alliance board met at my house on Tuesday. Lots of plans in the works there.
- I am getting ready for First Thursday at the Modern Hotel and met with my fellow artists, Zella, Marianne and Kevin this evening to go over last minute details.
- I dropped off my Idaho Triennial packet at the museum yesterday and hope to be included in their showcase of Idaho artists this fall.
- I am sorting work to bring to the C.W.Moore Building, a Gypsy Gallery Show which will hang for 6 months.
- I am also sorting work to bring to The Art Source Gallery for jury into the Gallery.
- I was asked to be a guest speaker at a local elementary school and this afternoon I brought my art and did a "show and tell" with 45 first graders. They were so enthusiastic and lovable. After I brought out my first piece, they all broke into a spontaneous applause! At the end when I took questions, one little girls said, "when I grow up I want to be an artist." made me proud.
A busy and exciting time.
For a break and to celebrate the last bit of winter- we decided to drive up to McCall tomorrow to go skiing. 12" of new powder has fallen with that much more predicted, should be a good ski day on Saturday and a nice change of pace.