Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring is here?


After some nice warm weather, we are back to some cold, windy, rainy, hail and even a few snow flurries yesterday. (no this isn't Boise in April, this was Clear Creek at New Years)

This has been a very busy week for me:

  1. I completed the last of my school tours at the Boise Art Museum this week.
  2. The Treasure Valley Artist Alliance board met at my house on Tuesday. Lots of plans in the works there.
  3. I am getting ready for First Thursday at the Modern Hotel and met with my fellow artists, Zella, Marianne and Kevin this evening to go over last minute details.
  4. I dropped off my Idaho Triennial packet at the museum yesterday and hope to be included in their showcase of Idaho artists this fall.
  5. I am sorting work to bring to the C.W.Moore Building, a Gypsy Gallery Show which will hang for 6 months.
  6. I am also sorting work to bring to The Art Source Gallery for jury into the Gallery.
  7. I was asked to be a guest speaker at a local elementary school and this afternoon I brought my art and did a "show and tell" with 45 first graders. They were so enthusiastic and lovable. After I brought out my first piece, they all broke into a spontaneous applause! At the end when I took questions, one little girls said, "when I grow up I want to be an artist." made me proud.

A busy and exciting time.

For a break and to celebrate the last bit of winter- we decided to drive up to McCall tomorrow to go skiing. 12" of new powder has fallen with that much more predicted, should be a good ski day on Saturday and a nice change of pace.

No comments: