Monday, August 12, 2013

Siren Song


Siren Song 15" x 15"
Mixed Media $125.
This was the first piece of the puzzle for this work of art. This was made a few months ago while taking an encaustic class with Karen Bubb. This is an encaustic collage on a canvas board.

These frames are the second piece of the puzzle.  An artist friend of mine was selling ALL of her art at a garage sale as she was going in a new direction with her art. I arrived at the end of the sale and she insisted I take a lot of stuff that didn't sell and re purpose it into my art. I felt bad about doing that until she said, "well if you don't it's going in the dumpster and going to take up a lot of room and be a lot more work for me"! Enough said I loaded up the car and then brought it in a little at a time so as not to frighten my husband. 


Centering the encaustic and adding coral and sea shells. 
Here I am spreading white glue all over the surface using an old credit card. I then glued pink glass that was given to me  that I assume was run through a rock tumbler. 

Then I used my small glass pieces from glass beach in Kauai, HI and used some Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to give it a shiny glaze and hold them in even better. The finishing touches were some beige, blue and white dots on the frame to tie it all together.  

No comments: