Saturday, May 28, 2011

Capitol City Public Market


I haven't had a booth at the market for awhile. Then Treasure Valley Artist Alliance partnered with The Brick Oven Bistro to help manage 3 of the Art Tents.  Artists who are members of the alliance can set up in one of the booths for up to 3 times.  I chose this weekend as I thought, well by then it will be nice and warm! Boy was I wrong. At one point today I had on 5 layers of clothes including gloves and not one but two down jackets! On the positive side it didn't rain and the wind wasn't too bad. We had lots of people and lots of sales! I sold 3 of my newest pieces as well as some cards and one of my valentine projects- I almost left that one at home!
 
I had one lady come up and introduce her self to me, who had bought a piece of mine a few years back and says it is her favorite piece of art. I had another woman ask if I could do a custom assemblage with some "junk" she has and I said of course! And then quite a few people asked if I was at Green Chutes or Twigs and Twist as they recognized my style. It's nice getting the recognition. 

The cutest story was a little boy that came up to my booth and slapped down a dollar and a penny, I looked at him and said "What is that for?" and he said "whatever I can get for it" I thought a moment and gave him a bag of ephemera that was marked at $2. He was extremely excited and ran over to show his family.  I hope he makes something with it.

At 6:30 this morning, I was having second thoughts about setting up today but now I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

Diane said...

This is the exact reason why I love getting my art out into the public--whether I make a sale or not! I love the atmosphere and talking to people who are happy and excited to be there. I think I'm going to have to cancel my first art show of the season for next week though.
:-(