Friday, April 1, 2011

Butterflies and Flapjacks

Butterflies
4" x 4" canvas
collage/assemblage

First I collaged the canvas with a cocktail napkin. The gold butterfly I found in the street the other day on my way to the grocery store. I glued a gem on her back. Wrapped around the edge of the canvas is a silver ribbon with a glass bead and silver butterfly that was given to me. Also glued on the canvas is a gold bead, and some scrapbook ephemera. 


Flippin' For Flapjacks
3 3/4" x 4" metal tin
collage/assemblage

As I was flipping through a cooking magazine the other day looking for some words for another piece I was working on, these blueberry pancakes called out to me to cut them out. I had the miniature spatula and the photo fit perfectly inside one of the lids to a metal cigar case I had. I painted the case black and added gold glitter glue along the edges of the photo. I covered the photo with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic and glued a chain on the back.

No comments: