Thursday, March 23, 2017

A synopsis of what I've been up to in the first 3 months of 2017

I signed up with VIDA to have my art reproduced on clothing and accessories. click on the link to see my collection and get the current discount. I was very impressed with the workmanship and reproduction. 

I finally finished framing my originals from the Ketchum traffic box.
I used plaster and imprints of bike chains in the mats. 

I made this little piece for a Treasure Valley Alliance show called "Yellow" It's kind of a self-portrait, "Contemplation" viewing self and the artwork above says, "Open to Interpretation" 

I was an invited artist for the Surel's Place Shrinky Dink Show. I attended Karen Bubb's workshop on working with Shrinky Dinks as it had been 20 years...I'm happy with my results. Come to the auction April 29 and bid on mine!


Making cards for First Thursday in May and June shows in downtown Boise. 

Keeping up in my watercolor journal while traveling for 17 days in February. 

My piece Spalding's Catchfly for an endangered species show at http://www.swellboise.com/ 

A commissioned shadowbox for a friend on "Grief" as she had just lost a dear friend and had this poem typed out for her on the streets of Boise last Sept. 

My current workspace.

Time for playing around with ideas. This one did not come to fruition.
Possible names were, "Yak'n Roll" and "Bridge over Troubled Waters"
 I had sharks and snakes in the water. 

Next was research for another SWELL project. This one is an Historic Preservation Show.
I did get blisters on both feet looking for this bridge on our 22nd wedding anniversary as we were headed to dinner and I was not wearing proper walking shoes. 

First step was painting the canvas and finding appropriate ephemera.


Next was gluing things down with gel medium and adding decorative tapes.

Finished it up with some stencils and paint and some more 3D objects on top. 

Took a friend to all my favorite thrift stores.
Always good inspiration for new projects.

And now to revist a technique that has always vexed me.
My friend Marianne showed me how to do photo transfers of my art. 

After applying the acrylic caulk to wood and laying the photo image on it and making sure it is on well. Let it dry. Then apply water and slowing start rubbing off the paper.


And another cigar box mixed media piece...
First steps. Printed a photo...
A cigar box mixed media piece...
In February I was part of the Valentines for Aids Fundraiser at the Flying M Coffee House. #17

This was a junk drawer that a friend gave me. I filled it with several small assemblages that I had made, found objects, encaustic pieces, a key holder, a note pad, mirror, bird house, bird nest and bird cage. It symbolizes the dawning of spring and is not only unique but useful. 
This mixed media piece of mine "Hops" will be blown up to a 3' square banner for Alefort at Treefort tomorrow! I will also have 12" x 12" posters available for sale for $20

No comments: