Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Buried Treasure

http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/2012/07/its-still-life-chapter-6.html
 If I had to name one blogger who has done more than anyone I know to help connect the mixed media art community it would be Seth of "The Altered Page." You would think that doing his blog is a full time job but yet he has a full time job, my guess is he doesn't sleep!


On Sunday 7-8-12, my response was featured along with a group of artists to the question “Photograph a still life that you create using an array of objects'  as part of the series ‘It’s Still Life’. He then links everyone's response to their blog. Here is the link: http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/2012/07/its-still-life-chapter-6.html
Here is my ethereal still life that was featured. It was created while I was backpacking the Washington Coast. Nothing was harmed in it's creation and all was left to wash away,  except for the wonderful memories that will stay with me forever.

http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/2012/07/buried-treasure-2012.html
This week the Altered Page is hosting this clever idea, called buried treasure...where artists can link one of their favorite past posts. I sent him a link to one of my favorites, "Investigative Art." What is so great about these linked events that Seth shares are that all the great posts are easy to find and it's a great way for like minded people to find each other and share ideas, and their passion for creating. Thanks Seth! http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/2012/07/buried-treasure-2012.html

So who do I have to thank for introducing me to this wonderful online community, well one of my best friends, fellow blogger and  mixed media artist- Marianne. Click on her name to see her new website. Thanks Marianne!

4 comments:

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Yay now I got you and your art on two blogs. I follow Seth too X Joan

queenb2u said...

I love that still life. Very mystical and soothing. Thanks for sharing it.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've been gone for two weeks and even missed the message Seth sent me about my buried treasure being shown two weeks ago. You make wonderful art, no matter where you are!

marianne said...

thanks pam! how nice of you to mention me- and thanks for all of the inspiration and ideas that you've sent my way!