Thursday, May 10, 2012

Interview, Rejection and Acceptance


Today I got an email that an interview I did a month ago went live today on the Celebrate Green Blog, check it out here.
 a new piece this week using metal frame, ceramic dish, and vintage glass cut necklace

In other news I was turned down for Art in the Park. But I think it's because I didn't make enough money last year and this is the museums biggest fundraiser of the year.

last years booth (9/11)

But on the plus side I was chosen as one of 40 artists for a "Soundstick" installation for the outside of Boise Art Museum. In celebration of the Boise Art Museum's 75th anniversary, BAM will feature an exhibition titled Nick Cave: Meet me at the Center of the Earth from May 19- Nov. 4, 2012. The artists were invited to create soundsticks to celebrate imagination and creativity. These explorations of movement, identity and sound will adorn BAM's building June 2 until Aug. 31, 2012.

sound sticks are 4 feet in length, my idea was to hang the bottles from the antlers but after re-reading the parameters, I can only go 6" out and they measure 12" hmmm
June 2, 2012  noon to 4pm I will be participating in the BAM's Community Day. Local artists will share insights into the process of using found objects in artwork and the public can join artists to contribute to a collaborative community project.
sumi-e painting

I was also accepted to teach a week long summer class at BAM June 11-15 for ages 4-12 The title of the class is Art From Asia and the description: Find inspiration in artwork from China and Japan! Explore both old and new techniques for making paintings, prints, and ceramics artwork. Morning or afternoon session available. deadline to register is June 1.




RAW:The Blend is coming up next Thursday May 17 from 8-12. I have 14 tickets available @$10 each, if interested click here and look for my name in the drop down menu.
RAW events are multi-faceted artistic showcases. Each event features a film screening, musical performance, fashion show, art gallery, performance art and a featured hairstylist and makeup artist. These artists are all local, hand-picked talent who have been chosen to feature at RAW.
This is the first one in Boise and will be a monthly event.  Hope to see you!

Now to get started on my sound stick!

3 comments:

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Looks like antlers will have to shrink in the wash, or you have to find a new stick!! Looks like you have been busy. X J

Pam McKnight said...

Just got antlers approved! yeah!

Seth said...

Congratulations on all the successes Pam!