Monday, September 19, 2011

Memory Tin

Small tin painted with gesso, with art tape on the sides and one of my assemblage images. I call it "Memory Box" as some children were looking at it this weekend, they asked me, "How do you put your memories in there?"

This morning I followed along on our docent model tour for "Comics at the Crossroads" I give my first two tours of this exhibit on Thursday, one to a Junior High group of boys and the other to a group from Boise High School. I was going to get my script all in order tonight but Wednesday I do a presentation on assemblage to a class at Timberline High School and I have spent the evening gathering odd objects that they can use in their assemblages.

On October 6, I will be doing an assemblage demo at the Boise Art Museum for First Thursday in conjunction with Boise Open Studios. The open studios will take place Oct. 15 and 16.

October 13th I will be teaching a collage/assemblage class at Twigs and Twist in Hyde Park. There are still a few spots open if you are interested.

No comments: