Sunday, September 25, 2011

Custom Assemblages


A few months ago my sister Selina  was the winner of a piece of art on my Facebook page.  I wanted to make her something personal, as she just started a new wine tasting/trolley tours venture in Texas  "Texas Grape Escapes" I had her send me a logo, which I scaled way down and glued on the wine bottle along with a crystal bow that my little neighbor Marcus found for me in the street. (thank you Marcus!) I created the table out of a large plastic spool that I think ribbon or wire came on. I gessoed it and then painted it brown. I cut out a checkered tablecloth for the top and added a ribbon border, glued corks to the base and now she has a business card holder for her new business!

I will be traveling down to see mom and sisters next week, so I am hoping she doesn't see this blog until then so it will be a surprise. If you live in the TX Hill Country area she is putting on a Chocolate and Wine Festival you should check out in October.


I have quite the entrepreneur family. Every one of my 4 siblings owns a business as well as my nephew, Tommy who started a flight school near San Antonio TX. I wanted to make something for his new business Anderson Aviation. This piece started out with the frame with the airplanes on top. One airplane was broken and the frame had a large blemish. No problem for me as I got the frame really cheap as no else would want it and I could fix it up adding pictures of his 3 airplanes. Bordering the airplanes are cut out pieces of a large compass. Lots of letter A's and in the center is a gold hanging earring in the shape of Texas.

No comments: