Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Leslie


This started out as my contribution to the We Art Women Exquistite Corpse fundraiser. It was worked on by several artists and was then put in a silent auction. It got no bids, so I got it back.  I didn't feel right about trying to sell it and wasn't sure what I would do with it.

Well, last week was my little sisters birthday and she said she would like me to make her something. I had this quote about motivation and working out that I was going to use on a piece celebrating the life of Jack La Lane but thought it would be fitting for this birthday project as Leslie has been working hard this year to lose 100 lbs. I think this time she is really going to do it. She seems really motivated. So I thought this quote would be quite appropriate for her gift and this box was the perfect place to use it.


Unfortunately I do not have a before picture, besides adding the quote, I added most of the embellishments on the front and inside and added paint around the inside of the box, including the word Believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. I love it, and I love the fact that you believe in me!!! Thanks a million Pam….. I will treasure this forever! I love you!

Your little sister,
Leslie