Friday, April 22, 2011

Saint Of Secrets: Interactive Art Piece or Elaborate Diary?

Saint of Secrets
19" x 10" x 6"
Found Object Assemblage and
Interactive Art Piece
 The 3 tierd wooden box was found in a thrift store in Ketchum ID, just outside Sun Valley. The metal feet were purchased in Santa Fe, NM. The embroidery hoop halo was given to me by a friend. The mirror head was from a thrift store in Iowa. The pin on top of the mirror was taken off an old art project of my sisters.
wooden book contained in the Saint of Secrets
The book was from a thrift store and carved into the top was "Honduras" I assume it was given to someone as a souvenir and never used. I decorated it with paints and ephemera including an old key and jewel from my daughter. 



The cup is made of bark, I glued an exoskeleton on it? not sure what it is
The cup holds a set of colored pens that are to be used to write a secret in the book of secrets contained in the Saint of Secrets.  I had two thoughts for this piece, one it could be for the person who purchases it to write in or it could be for people that are seeing it in the gallery to write in it. 
Which do you think it should be?

2 comments:

Diane said...

Great idea-either way--It's beautiful!!

Laura Park said...

Thank you so much for the comment! It was such a great surprise to hear from you! And also a HUGE thanks for talking to your sister about me because she offered me an internship. Thank you, thank you!

I also cannot wait to see Victoria! We have both been getting very excited on the phone about her big trip!

I'm new to this whole blogging scene so thanks for following me.

Hope to see you this summer too! :)