Saturday, March 27, 2010

A week in my life as an artist

"A"
My contribution to the Treasure Valley Visual Alliance collaborative art piece.


Monday's I attend docent training at the Boise Art Museum. A docent is a volunteer trained on the current exhibits at the museum and give school tours and teach an art project with the children following the tour. Our current exhibit that we are touring with the youngsters is on Robots. My first reaction to this being my first tour experience was yuck, I don't really care for robots, but the more I learn the more fascinated I become. I love being a docent as I get to learn too.

I dropped off art at the newspaper to be considered for their cover art.

I attended the Treasure Valley Artist Alliance Linger at the Linen, artist mingle, purchased a board for a collaboration art piece and finished that by gessoing it and making it into a frame for my previous "A" that I had made as part of the logo.

Chose 10 pieces of art and brought them to be professionally photographed for my application to
Boise Open Studios Collective. (BOSCO)

Went to meet at the Modern with Marianne, Zella and Kevin to look over our room (227) for the art event First Thursday May 6th. Checking out the space and figureing out how and were we will display our art and set up an area for making and trading ATCs.

Spent time on the computer promoting my ATC class that I will be holding at the North End Organic Nursery next Wed. @5:45-7:15. I still have room, if you are interested leave me a note.

And spent time on that never ending job of cleaning and organizing the studio to make space to make art!

No comments: