Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Happy

Les Boise - SOLD
 Update on the BOSCO Show at BSU, I was grateful that I was able to attend the opening. Then just before the show closed I got a call from a woman wanting to buy my mixed media piece. Les Bois she was excited to meet me and to come see my studio. I love meeting people that are excited about my art, what I do and "get me"

My project is titled Pennies From Heaven. I did not personally know Bob but as an artist living in Boise for the past 9 years I admired his work.  After reading through Bob’s Art Farm website and learning about his interests and art projects, I was particularly interested in his and Jeanne’s Penny Project. I tried to figure a way to make my piece pay homage to Bob, be interactive and incorporate my love of using found objects. Bob is the angel and he his still making people happy tossing his pennies down from heaven.  I created my hanging piece by using found objects, mostly jewelry and added several good luck charms, including an elephant and a Hamsa to protect against the evil eye. I also glued pennies to it.  The angel made out of wire was found as is in the Owyhee desert.

 Take a penny, leave a penny...whatever makes you happier"


The opening of Bob's Art Farm. 
I over heard Jeanne say after the show, "I wish I could buy all these pieces" that really touched me and I contacted her shortly after and invited her to come over and see my studio and come pick up her new piece. It made my heart happy. 
 new Frida pieces, These will be at this Thursday's show.

Sketching with my friend Marianne.

The opening is this First Thursday, November 3 at Sola Salons, 1197 W. Main St in the Owyhee Plaza building, 6-9 p.m. for a Pop Up Art Show featuring the artists of Studio M. Wine available 6-8:30 from Syringa Winery.

Most Sundays for the past 5 years, artists Jaki Katz, Lynn Fraley, Marianne Konvalinka, Nancy Panganiban, Pam McKnight and Sue Rooke have gathered in Marianne's studio for art making and fellowship. The group works in a variety of media and styles, but our time together has influenced our work- we get input on sticky pieces, compare notes on media and learn from each other. This show brings together work from these artists and Lisa Cheney, also a Studio M regular.

Please join us First Thursday to meet the artists and view a variety of fine art- acrylic painting (Jaki Katz, Nancy Panganiban), assemblage ( Pam McKnight), ceramic (Sue Rooke), mixed media ( Lisa Cheney, Lynn Fraley and Marianne Konvalinka).

The show will be up during normal operating hours through January 2017. 
Siren's Song
Mixed Media/Encaustic collage
$125

left-008130 - $75
top- Paper Wasp - $125
right- Present Moment- $75
bottom- Frida - $75

 Souvenirs de France $125 Found Object/Mixed Media/resin
Fields of Lavender $75 Acrylic


Wine is Life $50 mixed media
At the Winery $50 mixed media

"If I'm Going to Die..." $125 Collage/Mixed Media

Mini Cooper Assemblage commission
And last but not least I received a ride home from a friend in her mini cooper and we talked about how my dad was the 1970 mini cooper Champion racer. She said she has a friend that collects mini's and that would be cool if I could make a little assemblage to give her friend. I just so happened to have a mini. This one makes me smile and think of my dad. I love those easy commissions that just come together and make everyone happy.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Wonderful creations!!
I drive a mini!

Pam McKnight said...

Thanks Peggy! My husband and I share a pickup truck but if we ever get a car again it will be a mini.