Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More Bike Art

8 1/2" x 11" Collage with bike parts

As I wrote several weeks ago I have been making a lot of bike themed art as this year I have really gotten into mountain biking.  In November I  received a really nice 29" mountain bike from my husband, which made riding so much more fun. We had a very puny snow year so I got to ride all winter. (in the mornings when the ground was still frozen) 


Then came spring and I participated in the Whiskey Off Road in Arizona, raced at the local ski resort in Idaho...qualifying for Nationals!  This year I also road for the first time on slick rock in Utah, sweet single track in Oregon, and across the Golden Gate bridge onto the single track of Marin County.  This combined with my passion for making art from cast off items = no brainer, bike themed art!!
Working Night Light made from rear cassette and found objects



side view of night light

6" x 8" collage with wax and found objects

Bike Jewels SOLD
Collage/Assemblage with Resin 7" x 9"
Bike Gear Star 5" x 5"

Bike Wheel collage/assemblage 25" round

side view of Bike Wheel collage/assemblage

2 comments:

Rebeca Trevino said...

love the night light piece.

marianne said...

nice work pam!