Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inspiration

Where do I find my inspiration...

It could come from my curiosity....my husband was horrified that I actually ate this on St. Patricks day but I was really curious about the green ketchup that I heard about. In my own taste test it tasted like ketchup but not as flavorful. I was impressed with the color.


 I get inspired from objects I find in thrift, antique and resale shops.


From the views while exploring new places on foot.

 4" x 4" canvases for a project for the BAM gift shop


This book was published in 1961. I think I got it from my grandmother. I have read this book and taught from this book for many years. It has been a ton of inspiration for me. I am re-reading it in preparation for my upcoming workshop at the museum.


Here's what I worked on while my friends were all at studio em tonight. I will stamp each one with my own personal chop with red ink. I haven't decided what to do with the sides. I'm thinking keep them simple white.






4 comments:

marianne said...

we misssed you, but it looks like you kept yourself occupied! i hope there was corned beef & cabbage in your st' pat's diet too :)

Pam McKnight said...

thanks Marianne, unfortunately there was no corned beef cabbage this year. :( the green ketchup and was the extent of my holiday food.

emily said...

my daughter and I are taking your class, we were at the BAM recently and she wanted to paint like a a japanese girl :)

Pam McKnight said...

Thanks Emily! That's funny, I hope I can meet her expectations!