Monday, December 5, 2011

December 8th class- still room!


Back in October I was going to teach my first mixed media workshop  "Homage Collage" click on the link for details... it has been rescheduled for this Thursday Dec. 8th from 5-7 pm. If you are interested please let me know ASAP, there are still a couple spots open.

This past weekend I was invited up to a friends cabin in the mountains. Boy was it cold!! But we kept busy making art and venturing out to the local thrift stores.

The picture above is Mickie's example of what  we will be making in the class. She made an excellent homage to her grandmother using photos, jewelry, perfume bottle, playing card and magazine flowers.  For the class I will provide the mirror and basic supplies, you bring the ephemera related to your theme.

This week I was fortunate to have some friends hand me bags of goodies for my art!

"Found Objects" given to me by my art museum docent friend Kathy C.




"Found Objects" given to me by my friend Lynn F. at the Gypsy Show

Mountain Town Thrift Store Finds

A personalized piece for a back country skier friends birthday.

2 comments:

Rebeca Trevino said...

good luck! have fun! and enjoy! wish i could attend

Dayna Collins said...

I love seeing thrift store finds! I hope your class today is a roaring success -- lucky people who get to take it.