Monday, November 14, 2011

Trapped By Her Own Doing She Struggled to Break Free

 Playing around in the studio with my pieces of treasured junk, I saw that this doll head fit into this wood box I had. I then "antiqued" the head and hands with some thinned down acrylic paint.

I wasn't sure the direction I was going with this...I had the news on and a story "commercial" came on about how this woman was so into debt that she decided the only way out was gambling. It showed her children vying for her attention but she was too busy looking at the lottery numbers to give them the time of day. The family was crumbling around her, she was in despair! Then the credit counselor voice came on said there was hope...IF you gave him a call.

I had my theme!








I like to tear a page out of a book and then find a word or sentence that goes with the theme I have in mind. If you search through books for the perfect thing, I takes way to long to find what you are looking for but I find that if you limit it to a small amount of text, the perfect things pops out...like the sentence on this page. " How the rest of it was, I know not; only that I had the end of it..."



The rounded wire piece covering the glass is what I can assume is a top to a candle holder of some kind that I think I found at a thrift store. The piece still needed something to tie it together so to speak and I found the chain and wrapped it around the piece. And then came up with title " Trapped by Her Own Doing She Struggled to Break Free" Since there is nothing per se with the piece having to with debt. it could relate to others on any addiction or problem they may personally be struggling with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... I love it! The glass is like a lens, or a fishbowl. So many meanings woven into this piece!

Pam McKnight said...

Thanks Patti!

Rebeca Trevino said...

this is terrific! really.