Sunday, September 11, 2011

This Post is all about Linda!

I just wrapped up 3 days at Art In The Park. It was a tremendous amount of work getting ready for it, Then setting everything up, (thanks to my daughter Katherine) then tearing everything down ( thanks to my friend Nancy) and manning the booth for 27 hours in 3 days by myself.

After paying for the booth and fee to the museum, I made $150.00, not including supplies or hours to make the projects...BUT...it was all worth it if I could have any positive influence at all and I know I did...especially for one little girl named Linda.

She came to my booth and was fascinated with what I did and she said she knew she could go home and do it and make something out of the stuff she had in her room. Well she did! AND she came back the next day to show me what she made. She wanted to bring the actual project but her mom
(standing in the background) suggested she take a photo instead.

So here is Linda standing proudly holding the picture of her project. ...it was really good. Her older brother asked if he could be in the picture as well and I said sure! Mom said it was ok for me to post on my blog. I hope Linda gets to see this and how proud I am of her! You go girl!

and if you are thinking these are cousins or something....I have never met these people before. But I hope I see them again. :)

5 comments:

Diane said...

This is the best thing I've ever heard from an artist who participated in an art show, and I've been doing these for over 20 years.
It couldn't get any better!

Anonymous said...

That's great, Pam. So neat to actually see something positive happen. For her to be so excited about it that she wanted to show you, is awesome! Good job in motivation!

Gina said...

Such a great story, Pam! I love that Linda came back to show you what she made.
Nice to see you again!

Pam McKnight said...

Thanks Diane, Dana and Gina for leaving a comment. and Gina- (those tomatoes were delicious!)

Gina said...

So glad you liked the tomatoes! They were the new addition to this year's garden. Let me know if you'd like more .... :)