The base is a block of wood from a construction site I was helping get ready to build a yurt on. Some of the pieces collaged on the sides I bought at a garage sale for 25 cents, they are leftover from some "stained glass" contact paper our neighbor put on the window of their front door. I also used transparency's that I bought at a thrift store that were already printed on by a teacher. I love reusing things that would normally be thrown away. Then collaged over that with tissue paper from old sewing patterns.
Next up is the round shape which is a collaged tuna fish can. With an altoids tin and a wooden block. They are attached with e6000 glue. Around the edges of the can I used DAP adhesive caulk and made the "fence" using little wooden things leftover from building some shelves. I painted the caulk to look like grass and dirt.
I then put a thin line of Elmer's around the caulk and glued seed beads, when the glue was dry I rubbed brown metallic dry pigment on them to blend them in.
One of the blogs that I follow is celebrating their 2000 post! Go visit Peggy and leave a comment and you might win one of her great prizes: Peggy's Mixed Up Art
I don't even know how many posts I have done, guess I'll add em up and maybe I'll give something away too.