Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day Arts and Crafts Sale


I am participating in a 3 day show in Boise. 16 artists have taken over a vacant store front, it has been lots of fun meeting new people and lots of local artists that I had not met before. We are located at 6521 Ustick Rd. Tomorrow, Valentines Day will be our last day and we will be there from 11-6. The above picture is a photo of my booth of assemblages.
I did make a few new things for this show with a heart theme. These hearts I had tole-painted back in the 80's and updated them with some glitter hearts.
This is an assemblage piece I just made titled "Ode to Granny" The original photo is of an unknown woman I found in the bottom of a box at a thrift store. She is on a tin heart candle holder that I have attached pearls, beads and a miniature ceramic vase and hangs by a gray ribbon.

No comments: