Friday, January 1, 2010

Treasure Hunting in San Antonio

Well I was 2 weeks in San Antonio with my dad. He was not expected to live more than 2-3 days when I arrived but he is one tough old man and beat the pneumonia. I was fortunate to be there for the big move into a Nursing home and things are stable for now. Of course I got sick for the first time in 3 years from the stress and germs and little sleep one gets from sleeping in the hospital.

I did get to go out a couple times while there. My cousin Nancy and her family came down from NJ and we went to a Mercado were I picked up these cute hand made charms. Now to think what to do with them.
I stayed with my sister Dana who lives in a small town in the Hill Country and while waiting for her son to take his guitar lesson we went into an Antique Store and I found this mixture of items just waiting for a project on the letter "D"...
Nothing is glued down but this is the general idea I came up with, I also have some old dominoes and a vintage picture of children playing dominoes that also fit with the letter theme.
While I was thinking about D's...I found these cute little ducks in my collection and thought they would fit great in this little drawer. "Ducks in a Drawer?"

No comments: